Dare To Dream - TPT Challenge Week Two

This weeks challenge is to blog about our dreams for our TPT stores. Before I share my dreams I first  need to give you some background. I started my store less than a year ago. A friend of mine told me about the site and her store. She was making quite a bit of money her first few months. She told me I should start a store because all my forms that I create would be great to help teachers stay organized and all my digital scrapbooking skills would come in handy making cute stuff.  I was curious so I headed over to TPT to see what it was about.

I am currently 3 classes and 12 weeks of student teaching away from becoming a teacher and instantly fell in love with the sight. I also was a bit upset that I had not found the site sooner....it would have really helped inspire me to write some lessons and units for my classes.

I am a planner, list maker, organizer type of person. I work better when I am organized and when I have a plan. I find my time is wasted away if I don't have a to do list everyday. This mentality trickled over into my job (I work as a DUEA working with autistic children). I began creating forms that I would use in the classroom. The teacher I worked with loved the forms! I stated thinking about what my girlfriend said about me starting a store and jump right on in.


So now on to my goals for my TPT store. I will dream big but I need to start small with achievable goals. So my goals are simple, find a focus for my store, grow my client base, and increase my sales by 20% this year. Starting with these goals will help to reach bigger goals in the future! 


15 Simple Moves That Will Change Your Career #refinery29  http://www.refinery29.com/work-life-productivity-tips#slide1  1. Get specific about your goals and keep them visible.  Julie got into the business after realizing how chaotic her own life was. "It was chaos. I always lost things, and I lived out of piles — it was just a mess." But, when her daughter was born, she realized, "'I can do this to myself, but I can’t do it to another human being.'" That's the crux of her No. 1 tip: Always ...


2 comments:

  1. I loved reading your post because I completely feel the same way - I wish I had discovered TPT sooner as well! You certainly have a new follower over here :) Love organizational things!

    xo
    Caitlin
    www.teachinspirechange.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are still student teaching and you already have all this underway, I think you are off to a FABULOUS start! Kudos to you for already getting you store and blog rolling! :-)

    ReplyDelete