One Word 2014

Happy New Year!! 

I love starting off fresh in January thinking about everything I will accomplish in the New Year! Now I am not one who sets resolutions, but I have always been a goal setter. The past two years I have participated in the one word movement and have had great success with it. My first year I choose the word CHANGE and you can read about it here. Last year I choose the word ORGANIZE.


To reflect on my one word for 2013 I had two areas I wanted to organize - my home and my life. Moving into a new home required me to organize a lot. I got motivated with some help of my favorite bloggers and ended up winning fabulous prizes for my organize home. Go check out my organized playroom that won me first place. 


I also organized my life better this past year. I went back to using a planner where I actually write things down. I attempted to use a technology planner (Cozi) so I would always have it on my phone but it just wasn't working for me. I think because I am such a visual person I needed to write things down (in pretty colored pens too!). There are so many free printables for planners online. I used several printables from Jamie at DIY Home Sweet Home when I created my household binder


It was so colorful and worked out great for me. I was remembering more, staying on task more, and overall just felt more organized in keeping track of things in my life and my family's life. Organizing is a never ending word for me as I am constantly organizing, and re-organizing. 

So bring on 2014! What's my one word this year???


Yep Focus! I have so many projects on my to do list, started but not finished, and rolling around in my head but no plan for them yet. I need to focus and complete the ones I have started, plan for the ones in my head, and act on the ones on my to do list.


I have to focus more on my school, my blog, my family, and me this year. I need to focus more on staying on task, having a plan for everyday, and focus on sticking to it. 


I need to focus on not getting distracted. This will be a hard one for me because it happens all the time. I go to get one thing out of the pantry and the next thing I know I am re-organizing it because it's a mess. I need to get better at putting the "need to re-organize the pantry" on my to do list and stay focused on that days tasks! 

Do you have a one word? I would love to hear about it. Feel free to leave me a comment or link up you blog so others can be inspired by our one words.




No comments:

Post a Comment