Packing Boxes

So now that I have my moving organized system in place, I have started the packing. We started by asking everyone we know for boxes. Thankfully our great friend who runs a restaurant has had his crew saving boxes for us for weeks. My favorite is the boxes his lettuce comes in. They are a great size!






Another favorite box of mine is liquor boxes. Alejandra has a great video on the 7 best boxes for moving. You can see it here. This is where I got the idea to use liquor boxes to pack glasses, vases and more. Here is what mine look like



I choose to use bubble wrap with these glasses as they are a wedding present and are very fragile. My husband and I will celebrate our 10 year anniversary tomorrow so these glass are 10 years old and very important to me. Other boxes I have not used bubble wrap and just set glasses in the slots.

My girlfriend told me she used the Styrofoam paper plates as inserts between her dishes as protection. What a great idea. Now the dishes will not clink together. Here are my Christmas dishes using this idea.



Now comes the labeling. I get a little giddy just saying the word label! Using my color coded system I place the appropriate color sticker and then write the room and what is in the box.




 On bins I do the same thing but place it on a address label and tape it to the bin so it will stay.




I still have a lot to pack and continue to come up with creative packing ideas. I have to keep moving as our house is moving along quickly. Here is a peek of our new home!




2 comments:

  1. What a nice tips in here. All in all, I very much like your article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a friend who has plenty of boxes in tow really helps a lot when packing! I'm impressed with how you packed delicate things such as china and bottles. The use of bubble wrap certainly helped keep those glasses in place. Organizing boxes by room was also a great idea, so that you could keep tabs on where things are. Good luck with the move!

    June Griffith @ Arnold & Self

    ReplyDelete