What's for Dinner?

I dread this question. I really dislike this question when I have forgotten to thaw the meat, need to go grocery shopping and have a child whining how hungry he is. I don't know about you but I feel like I am constantly thinking about food. I have to plan out a menu, look to see if I have all the ingredients, write the shopping list, drive to the store, pick up the items of the shelf, put them in the cart, take them out of the cart put them on the belt, take the bags and put them in the car, drive home, take the groceries from the car to the kitchen, take the items out of the bag and set them on the counter, take the items from the counter and put them away, take them out later for the meal and use them! I have touched all those items 10 times and haven't even cook anything!

I have kids so I am always watching the time. It's time for breakfast, it's time for snack, it's time for lunch, it's time for snack and now it's time for dinner and I don't have a plan! UGH!!

So I have been working on re-vamping my Household Management Binder (to be reveled soon!) and I knew I need to have a better plan for my dinner menu. I can handle the breakfast and lunch items but dinner needed a plan. I was looking at all the wonderful menu planners out on the web but none of them seem to fit what I was looking for. I was in the mood to scrap so I decided to make my own menu planner. What do you think?



So I have my week days listed where I can write down what we are having for dinner and below is what I need to make the dinner. I figured when I am planning out the dinners for the week I can write the ingredients that I need and then transfer what I don't have and need to get to my shopping list.

I also decided to laminate 4 of these sheets so I don't have to continue to print sheets out. I can still plan out a week or more ahead and then wipe and re-use.


I hope this will help me to answer the question "What's for Dinner!"

Ps. I used mostly Bella Gypsy products to create my menu planner! :)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete